Christopher Maddox Photography
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Clean. Timeless. Beautiful.

There is a difference in a photographer and someone with a nice camera. There is a difference in a snapshot and a thoughtful image. There is a difference between photographers. We invite you to see that difference with the CMP team!


Twitter Feed

Project 52 + Shades of Red (Week 2)

Briana Santiago is an Associate Photographer for Christopher Maddox Photography. Check back weekly to keep up with Briana's weekly 'Project 52' posts.

I was really stuck on this one this week. I couldn't quite wrap my head around where I should go with 'Shades of Red'. I knew it was going to be something dramatic, cause thats just what red evokes. Red is always something intense and deep.

Red represents the heart, love, passion, and yes, as morbid as it is, even blood. Red speaks speed on a car and screams emergency on hospitals, police car lights and fire engines. Women wear red lips for a come hither look or red high heels to say “This night, Im going OUT”. In nature it’s the sweetest of fruits and a warning of danger on a black widow. No matter where it is or how it is implied, red is an intense color.

With that said… Here is my image of ‘Shades of Red’.


And when I looked at this image the only words that came to mind, was intense hope.

I have always considered getting a tattoo. Sometimes I just don’t know if I’d ever have the guts to actually go through with it, cause the thought of committing to something for the rest of my life, quite honestly, scares me. But, if you were to ask me to get one tomorrow this is what it would say – “As long as I draw breath, Hope is alive.”

Hope in a worldly view is sometimes considered a wishy washy uncertain optimism. Sometimes hope is looked at as an unrealistic desire in hopeless situations. I’ve had friends state in really tough times, “Should I even put energy into having hope?” But isn’t that the essence of what hope is? Isn’t hope the desire of change even when the outlook doesn’t warrant it?

The definition of hope: The feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best; to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence; to feel that something desired may happen.

At very intense and emotionally draining times of my life, hope that change is always inevitable, that nothing ever stays exactly as it is, is was what brought me through. My hope laid in the fact that Christ never gives us more than which He knows we can handle. I was experiencing this time in my life to grow in character as a woman of faith. My hope that tomorrow would be better was the breath of life that pulled me through the darkest of emotions and physical experiences.

You can’t know me without knowing that my faith is my everything. And my hope is found in Christ Jesus. In my opinion hope is life giving. As food and water are essential to our bodies, hope is essential to our emotional well-being. Hope is a strong confidence of expectation.

My simple moment this week is hope. In all that is going on in your life, may you find and have hope!

Always,
Briana

0 comments:

Post a Comment