Christopher Maddox Photography
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Clean. Timeless. Beautiful.

There is a difference in a photographer and someone with a nice camera. There is a difference in a snapshot and a thoughtful image. There is a difference between photographers. We invite you to see that difference with the CMP team!


Twitter Feed

Project 52 + Briana Santiago - Associate Photographer (Week 1)

Hi, I am Briana Santiago, and an Associate Photographer for Christopher Maddox. He has given me Wednesdays to give you guys a little insight to who I am as a photographer through posting some blogs.


Where, oh where to start? I guess the typical question that is asked is, “Who are you?” Since I was very young this question has always been overwhelming to me. I don’t know why, but I have always hated answering that question. Because, I feel that no matter how I answer it, there is always more left to say? And I never quite get the words right on describing me!


I’m a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend and Christian. I love food, travel and reading. I love romantic comedies and any thriller with a great twist! Hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, camping, horseback riding… any outdoor activities! You name it; I have either done it or very willing to try it. My summers growing up were spent all over the country, but have always called Arizona home. I love it here, cause family is where the heart is, but hate that it hits 115 and that there aren’t seasons!


But rather than continue to spout a bunch of random sentences about what I love and hate, I want to do something a little different…


Starting today, I am going to be participating in my own ‘Project 52’. Each week is a different subject that I get to be inspired by. You get to see how I translate this subject through my lens and into one simple photograph. My hope is that through these 52 weekly photos, you will learn a whole lot more about me, and how I see life.


This week’s subject: Self-Portrait (of course!)


This is almost as horrible as answering “Who am I?” But here it is, my self-portrait.









This picture is my hand being led by my precious baby girl, Shayla. She’s almost 2 years old and she’s at that phase where she definitely knows what she wants, but most of the time, doesn’t have enough vocabulary to tell you what that is. So, I simply say, “Show me.” And she takes my hand – or more accurately, my finger, wraps her sweet little fingers around it and pulls me to her next destination. And seeing life through her little inquisitive eyes has been so refreshing. It’s pure and simple.


I started my photography adventure because of this sweet little girl. I was pregnant when I was given the opportunity to do my first wedding. So Shayla has been with me from the very beginning of this chapter in my life. And I continue to do it because of her. It comes from a desire for more time with her and to provide for her. But even more so, to leave her a gallery of pictures that document our life with her.



As a photographer, I want to do the same for you and your family. I want to give you a gallery of portraits that will remind you of your sweet moments in life. Everything from the amazing excitement and love of a wedding to the anticipation of a new life being brought into the world - Whether you are a new mom wanting to remember that sweet little quirky smile your toddler gives you or a great-grandma wanting to document 4 generations of legacy you began. I am here for you and your moments.


Simply stated, I choose to see beauty in life. I want to see simple moments and capture them in a still image that will bring to life a thousand words.


This week, this was my simple moment. Please revisit again next week to see the next!


Always,
Briana

0 comments:

Post a Comment