Christopher Maddox Photography
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Clean. Timeless. Beautiful.

There is a difference in a photographer and someone with a nice camera. There is a difference in a snapshot and a thoughtful image. There is a difference between photographers. We invite you to see that difference with the CMP team!


Twitter Feed

Project 52 + Nature (Week 10)

Briana Santiago is an Associate Photographer for Christopher Maddox Photography. Check back weekly to keep up with Briana's weekly 'Project 52' posts. 


Lovely nature, how I love thee! Nature is absolutely fascinating to me. Like this morning for instance. Oh how I wished I had my camera with me on my walk. Did anyone else here in Arizona get to witness that amazing sunrise? It was breathtaking!

In nature everything has its place. Everything has its time. Everything has its reason. Everything has its purpose. 

Literally, in the definition of nature is the word phenomena. "A situation that is observed especially one whose cause is in question." I love that! The very definition of nature corresponds with why I am so fascinated with it. The fact that so much of it 'just happens', unexplained. 

Granted a lot of nature, with our modern day technology, now can be explained. But so much of it still can't. And so much is still being discovered day after day, even though we have been on the face of this planet for thousands of years. I love the mystery it continues to hold onto and surprise us with.

I think it runs along with my fascination with the Olympics. For thousands of years the same physical human being has run harder, faster and better than the year of athletes before it. When a world record has been hit, it just means there will be one more broken the next year. 

As with nature, with each discovery that is made, it opens the door for a thousand more discoveries that have never been even attempted before! Nature has a beginning, but absolutely no end. Nature can be soft and pure like the intricate details of a stargazer lilly. Or it can be devastating and destructive like the force of water in a tsunami. It's to be admired and also respected. So much of it makes sense and so much of it never will. 






I remember when I was little and spent hours out in my childhood backyard. Nature became everything and anything that you wanted it to be. A pool was a black lagoon laden with alligators. A tree became a tower too high for any prince to climb. A long grass field became a barren wasteland we traveled desperate to find civilization. I loved nature and the imagination it let me create around it. 

Living in the beautiful state of Arizona we get to enjoy it often. Which is one of the many reasons I love it here so much. Not many get to spend quite as many hours out in sunlight as we do here. I dont take that blessing lightly and try to get out as often as I can. 

I encourage you to do the same. Breath in some new sights and more importantly some fresh air, recycled by nature it self, rather than some stuffy ac unit. It's healthy for the body and the soul! 

Always, 
Briana

0 comments:

Post a Comment