Christopher Maddox Photography
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Clean. Timeless. Beautiful.

There is a difference in a photographer and someone with a nice camera. There is a difference in a snapshot and a thoughtful image. There is a difference between photographers. We invite you to see that difference with the CMP team!


Twitter Feed

Once Upon a Trip | Ireland 2005

So I had this idea that I would do a mini-series on this blog of posts from past travels. I got excited about showcasing some of the places I've been and people I've met. I began to sort through old photos looking back well before my professional days.

Then I almost scratched the whole thing.

I'm going to be honest. Sometimes it's hard as a photographer to look back at early work and want to put it out there. It just doesn't measure up to current expectations.

But, I'm proud to say I overcame the hesitancy. The truth of the matter is this trip was the turning point for me when it came to wanting more out of photography. It had always been a hobby up until then, but for Ireland I bought a new camera. A Canon Powershot. We may look back at it's specs and laugh compared to the camera's available on today's market but there was an important feature it had.

Manual mode.

This was the first time in my life I began playing with the manual setting on a camera, and once I did I became hooked!

So, without further ado here are pictures from my two months in Ireland in 2005. Hope you enjoy!



















If anyone is curious about the locations, they were taken across much of central and southern Ireland including Dublin, Cliffs of Moher, The Cork & Kerry region, and the ancient monastery of Clonmacnoise.

Next post in the series: Scotland 2005

0 comments:

Post a Comment